Happy new year loves! Yess! I see you getting all inspired and ready for the new year with all those resolutions and the ‘new year, new me’ vibe. Lol! To be sincere, i hate that new year, new me anthem people normally sing and the worst part of it is that it doesn’t last. You know why? because setting huge goals without planning and taking actionable intentional steps is just a mirage Yeah! A fantasy my love. In the spirit of the new year, some people actually scribble their goals in a random book only to misplace it within the first quarter of the year. Lol! I used to be like that but 2019? it’s time we get deliberate and intentional with what we want and live a purposeful life. So let’s set those goals right. Shall we?
Setting 2019 Goals With Utmost Clarity
- Be Very Specific: You have to be very specific and by this, i mean writing those goals in a journal or diary you value that won’t get misplaced easily. Quit writing your goals in a random sheet of paper because at the end of the year, there is nothing to go back to for self evaluation. Split your goals into exactly what you want e.g Skin goals, Hair goals, financial goals, Travels and so on.
- Don’t forget ‘The How’: I tell you setting goals are so easy but carrying them out becomes an issue when you don’t have the right strategies. For instance, as part of your financial goals for 2019, you want to start making a particular amount of money steadily but have you ever wondered or thought of how that money will come? I know sometimes a miracle can happen but what will you be doing at the present time for it to come immediately or in bits? Don’t just write you want a healthy glowing skin this year. In what ways do you want to achieve this without breaking the bank? I call this ‘The How’, ‘Actionable Steps’ or ‘Strategies’.
- Break It Down To Monthly Goals: This is very important. I know it is very realistic not to know what and how a goal will be achieved in November, 2019 because that is eight months from now but what of this January, February and March? This works so well i tell you. Ensure your monthly goals encompass your general year goals you’ve set. I always tell myself to make sure i do something everyday that will bring me closer to my dreams.
- Break It Down To Weekly Goals: Yess love! Hope you get where i’m heading to now. Look at that goal you’ve set for the month of January and break it down into a four weeks achievable game plan.
- Utilize Your To-do List: Having those goals broken down to weekly goals will help you a lot in drafting out activities for your to-do list. In this way, you’re living an intentional, purpose driven life everyday and you’ll be surprised at how far you’ve come at the end of the year!
Cheers to a mind blowing 2019 and another cheers to ticking publishing this useful post off my to-do list. Lol! Be sure to include ‘rest’ in your goals this year and most importantly, follow God and eschew evil.
Was this post helpful? Tell me in the comment section and don’t forget to subscribe to my mailing list! Once again, happy new year loves!
Picture credits: Pinterest